Living with humidity can be a constant battle with your hair especially for those of us with fine hair. These tips might not solve all of your problems but can only help!
- Weekly Treatment – A weekly deep conditioner treatment is a must to replenish the hair. Your hair will soon get dehydrated whilst out in the sun along with the humidity. You could make your own natural one from bananas, avocados, eggs and oil.
- Coconut oil – Coconut oil is a great natural serum and will tame the frizziest of manes. I will also comb about a tablespoon through my hair before a day at the beach to help prevent the hair from drying out after a swim. Just don’t rub your hair, then your eyes whilst splashing in the ocean!
- Cocoa butter – I use a small amount of cocoa butter as a hair balm. A light application will stop those stray strands and keep the hair in place.
- Rinse with Cold water – After you have washed and conditioned your hair, give it a final blast with cold water to keep the hair’s cuticles closed.
- Dry your hair – Whether you blow dry or air dry your hair, seal it with an anti-frizz serum and dry it before stepping out.
- Avoid volume shampoos – Any shampoo with promises of extra volume should be avoided as they will increase that ball of frizz!
- Ditch the wet towel – Don’t leave your hair wrapped up in a towel after a shower/batch. Air dry for 10 minutes, then blow dry.
July 15, 2016